Thursday, December 07, 2006

HIATUS WEEK THREE

HIATUS WEEK THREE: November 30th, 2006

Hacking away at a story!

For your amusement and entertainment!

This week’s issue of the newsletter is not your standard fair of Lost related ephemera. I apologize in advance to anyone who was looking forward to the normal exposé concerning some detail of the world found on that tiny island called Lost. As Douglas Adams is fond of saying, “Don’t panic!” I certainly intend to continue producing the newsletter each week. However, at the risk of self-promotion (and those who know me know that I rarely do so) I’d like to introduce you to a new fiction that I and another fan, Amelia Crater, have been pursuing over the past few weeks.

I have always imagined myself a writer, of sorts. It is something that has quite consumed me for a very long time. While poetry has always been my main interest the short story and the novel have also been very appealing to me. Writing this newsletter and receiving your compliments and encouragement (you know who you are) has giving me the confidence to stretch my literary legs a bit, so to speak.

Amelia and I have created a story that takes place in the world of the Lost Experience and also contains threads of the weekly series, as well. It is called “The Apocalypse Equation” and we have already finished a number of chapters and have posted them to a new blog site.

The story concerns a hack writer named Iben Powned who is dragged into the world of Alvar Hanso and Thomas Mittlewerk simply because he wanted to write for a TV program. He has been a writer for such famous weekly programs as “Frankenfreaks”, “Deathwatch”, “The Lost Barbarian”, “After Night Falls” and “The Opened Eye.” Iben moves from exploit to adventure (sometimes in the same chapter) bumbling his way and unraveling some of the questions posed during the Lost Experience (NOT!). We’ve attempted to create a character that is humorous, unwitting, and unhurried yet smart enough to know that he has entered a world that is well beyond his limits to comprehend.

The address to our site is:
http://theapocalypseequation.blogspot.com/
We encourage you to visit, read, and respond by e-mailing us or leaving a comment (be nice please.) Let us know what you think. Let us know if you have ideas that could be incorporated into the story. But in any event… let us know!

We now return you to your normal programming!

The Alternative One
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Date November 30th, 2006

P.S. I won’t bother to detail who wrote what concerning the story (in reality it really doesn’t matter) but ask that you, our closest Lost friends, critique and inform us of your opinions concerning our creation. Remember we are doing this for fun and for our own amusement. We’d like to invite you to enter our fictionalized world today. And hey… after reading the story, if you think you’d like to write a chapter or two then let me know, send it to me, and we’ll do what we always do… edit the living daylights out of it.

P.S.S. The famous weekly programs that Iben wrote for are fictional and exist only in the minds of the writers.

P.S.S.S. I am looking for suggestions on what to include in next weeks Bonus Section. If anyone has any ideas or subjects you’d like me to discuss please feel free to e-mail me.



4 8 15 16 23 42

The Alternative One – dharmapoet@wi.rr.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home